English for Academic PurposesEnrol Now Speak with us
Our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course is designed to help international students to develop the skills required to undertake further studies in Australia. You will learn how to complete the types of tasks and assignments required at university and college in Australia, giving you a thorough preparation for your next step in an English-speaking academic environment.
Choose this program if
- You want to learn about the culture and expectations of studying in an English-speaking environment in Australia
- You want to develop skills such as effective essay-writing, joining class discussions and giving presentations
- You want to improve your proficiency in areas such as referencing, speed-reading and effective note-taking.
- You want access to a wide variety of self-study tools outside of your class
- You would like to receive a certificate at the end of your studies
Our EAP classes focus on helping students to develop the language skills and academic proficiencies necessary for success in an academic context.
Our school provides students with a wide range of opportunities for extra study, allowing students to focus on areas of interest or weakness, to practice using English with other students and to make new friends. Study clubs which are regularly offered include:
- Conversation club
- Presentation club
- IELTS speaking club
- Song club
- Games club
- Cambridge Exam club
Students can also use a variety of self-study material as part of the study club program, including the K+Tools and K+Extra online study tools. These tools allow students to better focus their studies on areas of personal interest, to more easily review past lesson topics and to access high-quality study materials. These materials are available both in the study centre and on most other personal devices.
Start dates 2018
Classes may be offered in mornings and/or afternoons and will depend on the schedules offered in the school during your period of study.
- Course length
- 10 weeks
- Lesson Length
- 45 minutes
- Number of Lessons
- 28 lessons per week (21 hours):
- full access to study clubs (minimum 5.25 hours per week)
- Class size
- Average 12, maximum 15
- Course entry level
- Higher Intermediate or IELTS 5.5*
- Minimum age
- 16 years old
- Start dates
- October 8th
- CRICOS Course Code
- * students enrolling offshore will be given a pre-arrival assessment before enrolment.